The links above lead to the video because I can’t make the music category apply to a page.
I had to hack this a bit to cover for my screw up near the beginning — I mean my video work not John’s playing.
Here is a very old blues.
This has an extra sound track that good observers should already notice. I’m still working on the video edits so the final transition is pretty rough.
In 2014 the Documentary Movie Citizen Four won an Oscar for best documentary.
In January 2013,documentary film maker Laura Poitras started receiving anonymous encrypted e-mails from “CITIZENFOUR,” who claimed to have evidence of illegal surveillance programs run by the NSA. Five months later, she and reporter Glenn Grenwald flew to Hong Kong to meet the man who turned out to be Edward Snowden.
The STAZI were the East German Secret Police.
The Intercept is an online news publication dedicated to “adversarial journalism”.
The Amnesic Incognito Live System,TAILS, is a secure version of LINUX that along with TOR and PGP can enable private secure communication.
References to an hundred million in the song are vastly understated but I couldn’t make realistic numbers scan or rhyme.
The video edit on this clip is pretty good. I suspect they are using ProTools which is pretty expensive and they are pros.
We can achieve the same effect as follows:
- Create a click track on an mp3 file. Sound recorder and a metronome will serve.
- Each musician records the song using whatever they have to create an mp4. A smart phone on a tripod works pretty well. Count the start in 1 2 3 4 to sync the tracks. We cut this out of the final production.
- We pick the most likely version and each listen to it while re-recording our own part.
- The tracks are mixed into a video using LightWorks or ShotCut.
- We could post the individual .mp4s on vfss.ca so we don’t need to email huge video files.
The mix is the big job I think I can do it in a day or so. I’ve created a demo with SHOTCUT, just me playing two videos rhythm and lead side by side. When you see it remember I don’t play all that well but the video and sound quality is pretty good. The video shows the process for creating the combined track which is the last part of the presentation. Two tracks are harder than one but three or four will not be that much more difficult.
Here is a new song from Gary.
Anyone who has performed a feature at the Vancouver Folk Song Society or is presently listed on Folksongsociety.org as a performer may request a page provided only that they produce the required material.
Any board member may nominate a performer if they produce the required material
- Performer Head shot. — jpg or gif or png picture
- Media — video or audio material — need not be perfectly edited we can trim
- Website — shall we link to your website
- Biographical material — whatever you think we need to know
- Copywrite notice if necessary
What I’ve listed above is just what is needed to create more entries for the performer menu item that you see on the right side of this page.