To improve Sound Quality for performing music.
If you need help give Charles a call sometime before the day of the event.
He has practice to do and dinner on the day. 778-990-1946
- Plug in your computer if it’s a portable; Zoom needs a lot of power, so best not to depend on your battery.
- If possible use a cable to your router rather than wireless. I have a direct wired connection to my router.
- Close all apps and other programs. Zoom should be run stand alone.
- Download and install the Zoom app from https://zoom.us/download
- Start the Zoom app. Create a Zoom account. Sign in. You should see this screen.
Push Start — Your screen will look something like this. You have started a zoom meeting with only you in it. To have someone join you, send them an invitation from the previous screen.
- Notice the “Turn off Original Sound Button” at the top left. We want original sound. There is a microphone on the bottom left with a small up arrow just to the right. Click the up arrow to find the settings menu.
- Select “Audio Settings” from the menu above. You will then see the Audio Settings Page
- Unclick “Automatically adjust volume” in the middle of the page.
- Set “input level” to about 3/4 of the way across.
- Click on the “Test Speaker” button, at top of page, and follow the instructions – you should hear some piano tones and see the “Output Level” meter indicator bouncing around, indicating that your speaker is working OK.
- Click on “Test Mic” button and talk at your PC – you should see the “Input Level” bouncing around as you speak, indicating that your microphone is working. If not, you may have to select the appropriate microphone from the drop-down box above the meter.
- Make sure the suppress background noise is set to low.
- In the lower right hand corner of the Settings screen find the ADVANCED button and click on it. If you can’t find the ADVANCED button check that you have the latest version of the Zoom app.
- The advanced screen looks like this:
- Make sure the “Show in Meeting Option to Enable Original Sound” is checked.
- Select “DISABLE” suppress persistent background noise.
- Select “DISABLE” suppress intermittent background noise
- Leave Echo cancellation set to “Auto”.
If you want to see a video of these instructions, see https://youtu.be/wkG7yOTRIAk
Renaming Yourself on Zoom
- On a computer in either Speaker view or Gallery view find your name and right-click it to rename yourself. For example Charles West >>>> 1 – Charles West.
- On an android phone tap the bottom of the screen to bring up the tool bar. Tap the participants icon in the tool bar. Tap your name. Select rename.