To improve Sound Quality for performing music.
If you need help give Charles a call sometime before the day of the event.
He has practice to do and dinner on the day. 778-990-1946
- Plug in your computer if it’s a portable; Zoom needs a lot of power, so best not to depend on your battery.
- If possible use a cable to your router rather than wireless. I have a direct wired connection to my router.
- Close all apps and other programs. Zoom should be run stand alone.
- Download and install the Zoom app from https://zoom.us/download
- Start the Zoom app. Create a Zoom account. Sign in. You should see this screen.
Push Start — Your screen will look something like this. You have started a zoom meeting with only you in it. To have someone join you, send them an invitation from the previous screen.
- Notice the “Turn off Original Sound Button” at the top left. We want original sound. There is a microphone on the bottom left with a small up arrow just to the right. Click the up arrow to find the settings menu.
- Select “Audio Settings” from the menu above. You will then see the Audio Settings Page
- Unclick “Automatically adjust volume” in the middle of the page.
- Set “input level” to about 3/4 of the way across.
- Click on the “Test Speaker” button, at top of page, and follow the instructions – you should hear some piano tones and see the “Output Level” meter indicator bouncing around, indicating that your speaker is working OK.
- Click on “Test Mic” button and talk at your PC – you should see the “Input Level” bouncing around as you speak, indicating that your microphone is working. If not, you may have to select the appropriate microphone from the drop-down box above the meter.
- Make sure the suppress background noise is set to low.
Under Music and Professional Audio
- Make sure the “Show in Meeting Option to Turn on Original Sound” is checked.
- Check High Fidelity Music Mode
- Check Echo cancellation.
- DO NOT check stereo audio. This option uses much more bandwidth.
Renaming Yourself on Zoom
- On a computer in either Speaker view or Gallery view find your name and right-click it to rename yourself. For example Charles West >>>> 1 – Charles West.
- On an android phone tap the bottom of the screen to bring up the tool bar. Tap the participants icon in the tool bar. Tap your name. Select rename.