Membership in the Vancouver Folk Song Society is open to anyone interested in singing, playing, listening to, or learning about folk music.
The Vancouver Folk Song Society strives to be an inclusive group that welcomes people of all ages and abilities. Our primary aim is to share songs and music as a group rather than to provide a venue for performing to an audience. In this way, we hope to keep the folk song tradition alive and well in our diverse communities.
Yearly membership is only $20 for an individual and $30 for a family.
- free admission to regular events such as songcircles and Wednesday evening concerts
- invitations to special events
- reduced price for weekend retreats
- free unlimited access to our archives
- voting privileges at the annual general meeting
- discounts at local music stores
- a free copy of the CD Blow The Man Down, which includes 27 sea shanties and forebitters and a 31-page booklet
- opportunities to meet and share music with other folk music lovers.
- Here are answers to Frequently Asked Questions